Hall & Partners
Job Title – Account Director – Consumer
Location – Southbank, London
Salary – Competitive
Posting date of role: 28th February 2018
Closing date for applications: 29th March 2018
Hall & Partners is a global brand consulting agency specialising in brand engagement and communications research.
Using a combination of quantitative and qualitative measures, along with advanced marketing analytics, we help brands understand people and build relationships that matter.
We enjoy work that challenges, stretches and grows us. Work that makes us smile and feel proud. We are the sort of people that are passionate about brands and everything that is going on around us. We are naturally curious, some might say nosey. We love to learn and discover new things. We make a commitment to everyone that they will receive training every year and there are huge opportunities to progress and develop a successful career path within the company.
Our Consumer team manages a wide range of domestic and International projects for an enviable list of high profile clients across a wide range of categories; everyone works on a mix of clients and markets.
Responsible for leading and developing key client accounts, motivating and training other members of the team and offering expert advice to clients on their marketing needs.
This is specific role involves working with a market leader in the UK, leading their global brand and comms insights programme. We need a driven, proactive and highly efficient Account Director. The successful applicant will have high energy and can-do attitude, with gravitas to command authority across a number of senior client stakeholders.
This will be a highly active account going through an insights programme transformation. This presents a huge opportunity for the right Account Director to drive through insight that will generate real business impact. The role will involve working closely with the account team and client to produce high profile, strategic deliverables. The right candidate with be spending at least 1 day per week on-site at the client office in Surrey, with at least 50% of their time in a client facing capacity. The Account Director will be working with a great team and executive support, and will have line management responsibility
Core skills & Responsibilities
· Manage on-going client relationships and continue to develop them
· Strong presentation and communication skills to land key insights across multiple markets globally
· Manage and motivate a team of researchers
· Writes well and come up with good solutions in proposals
· Guide others to produce best deliverables (questionnaires, presentations)
· Manage client expectations
· Manage projects within budget
Role within H&P
· Drive new business within own remit
· Manage c£1m of business
· Be passionate about learning and helping people to learn, stretch and grow in their roles
· You are upbeat, accessible, encouraging and build trust
· You are a source of creative ideas, action-oriented and always strive for excellence
· You facilitate change, gain commitment and think big picture
· Contribute to office initiatives, ideas, teams and activities
· You already live our core values - creative, curious, collaborative and courageous
What are we looking for?
We are looking for an individual who wholeheartedly enjoys helping our clients grow top consumer brands, who is excited about market research and who is driven to give our clients the freshest possible thinking.
· Has significant experience in brand and communications research
· Has managed large scale global tracking programmes and advertising campaign evaluations
· Has experience of multiple types of market research studies across the product lifecycle, such as brand tracking, customer experience, shopper insights, consumer loyalty, and segmentation
· Has extensive experience working on fuel and convenience retail categories
· Has client-facing and client-side experience
· Has successfully navigated a highly politically driven client dynamic, across local and global teams
· Is highly literate and numerate with strong analytical skills and a good eye for detail
· Has strong communication and interpersonal skills
· Has experience in coaching and mentoring more junior team members
· Has excellent time management skills with the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
· Multilingual, and has experience working in different markets in and outside of Europe
· Bachelor’s Degree, MBA Degree a plus
In addition to the specific skills needed for the role we are looking for people who:
· Are passionate about brands and marketing communications
· Are excited by the diversity and dynamism of agency life
· Have a collaborative approach and work well with others at all levels
· Enjoy applying and learning research skills
· Are bright, imaginative thinkers who are not afraid to voice their opinions
· Want to progress and are happy to work hard to get there
· Are enthusiastic and enjoy challenging themselves
· Overall, we are looking for people who can act as genuine consultants to their clients. People who can offer them integrated solutions and talk to them about what research they need to solve their business issues
What we offer you
Based in the middle of London’s lively Southbank, our company is full of vibrant, intelligent and committed people; we place a lot of emphasis on teamwork and collaboration which is reflected in the way we work.
It’s hugely important to us that we develop and keep bright people. We want this to be a place where people feel challenged, as well as guided and supported. Everyone has their own career objectives so you always feel like you are moving forward rather than standing still.
We’ve been told that our culture is unique, it’s a difficult thing to put into words but it’s all about being challenging yet treating each other with respect. We are naturally curious and we love to learn and discover new things.
We nurture opinions and really respect people who have a point of view and aren’t afraid to share their thinking. We work as teams and responsibilities sit with everyone in that team, whatever their job title. A can-do attitude goes a long way in our business and we don't tolerate egos!